Friday, January 21, 2011

Explanation of Frenum Piercing

I will give a detailed explanation to my piercing but I don't have pictures to show you each step. I tried taking pictures while doing the piercing but it was difficult. My step by step explanation would be extensive enough for you to understand my processes.

I have separated my steps into three main stages. The items preparation, body preparation,piercing and healing stages.

Stage 1: Items Preparation
Items required
Gloves,Needle, Alcohol Swabs, Dettol Sanitizer,Clean tissues, Sterile bag,Sterile Sheets,Body Marker and Jewellery

1) I used a needle which is basically used for sewing. However this was a high grade stainless steel needle. I do know it is not safe to use a sewing needle but this is where I am going to correct for my next piercing. I will be using a real piercing needle for my Lorum Piercing. Below is the picture of my needle,


2) Upon contact with the needle I was already using my gloves throughout. I placed the needle in hot water for about a few minutes and later dried it with a clean piece of clean tissue. Later I used the dettol sanitizer and cleaned it once again. After doing so, I used another piece of clean tissue and cleaned the needle dry.

3) Upon doing so, I placed the needle in the sterile bag to prevent it with any contact with the air or surroundings.

4) I threw away the gloves and took a new one. This time I cleaned the body marker surrounding with the dettol sterilizer and placed it into another sterile bag.

5) I then proceeded with the cleaning of the jewellery as the same steps mentioned for the cleaning of the needle. Finally placing it in another sterile bag.

6) All laid out nicely on the table, I proceeded with my preparation for my body.

Stage 2: Body Preparation

1) I went to have a complete shower using dettol body wash.

2) Especially with focus around my penis I washed the area with dettol as well.

3) After my shower, I used a new towel and cleaned my body and proceeded to my chair which has a sterile sheet on.

4) Gloves on.Using alcohol swabs I cleaned the area around my frenum and removed any dead skin and dirt around. You will be surprised how long you will take to clean till you get a clean sheet of alcohol swab.

5) Threw away the glove and used a new one. Placed a sheet of sterile sheet around my penis making a hole for it to go through.

Stage 3: Piercing

1) I laid down a piece of sterile sheet on my table and laid out the items from the sterile bags ( jewellery, needle and marker).

2) Pulled my foreskin back and using the marker I took some markings for my piercing.

3) Once I was contented with the positioning, I cleaned the needle once more with dettol and got ready with my piercing.

4) Taking one deep breath, I pushed the needle through. It gave a sudden sharp pain which went away instantaneously.

5) I faced great difficulty from here. I was stuck as I couldn't place in the jewellery through the hole pierced by the needle without having to remove the needle.Based on books I have read, the piercers usually use the end of the needle tip to guide through the jewellery. That is if the exit of the needle is the left, the jewellery will go through from there to the right and come out from the right at the same time as the needle.

6) I was stuck for some time and couldn't force the jewellery through. There was some considerable amount of blood coming out as well. Hence, I decided to take a risk and remove the needle to allow my jewellery to go in.

7) After doing so, I found the hole made and managed to push the jewellery through with ease.
Point to note: This is actually not the correct method. As mentioned above the jewellery is supposed to follow through as the needle leaves. The main reason for this to happen is because I didn't use a piercer's needle. I experienced alot of pain during the moment of trying to fit the jewellery in even more than the piercing itself! However, for those who are using my method go ahead and remove the needle and place the jewellery in. It is definitely faster and a painless affair. 

8) Once done I threw away everything that was used and prepared myself for another shower. I used dettol body wash and gently cleaned the area. Changed into new undergarment and clothes.

Stage 4: Healing

1) Over the next few days(One week) I refrained from any masturbation activities or handling of the jewellery in a rough manner. I didn't go for any swimming in public pools as well.

2) I also found out that our urine acts as a natural cleanser and I continued with the dettol baths and cleaned the area regularly.

3) It is also very important to change your undergarment frequently to prevent any infections! 

4) Around the 12th day, I changed the jewellery to a stainless steel barbell which will be my permanent jewellery for now till I find another new one. 

5) As the wound has healed completely I wash my frenum area regularly without the barbell and clean the barbell as well.
Point to Note: Not everyone will heal as fast so please observe your healing process and change jewellery when necessary.  

Immediately after Piercing


On a side note: I attempted the Lorum piercing at the same time as well but I could not fit the jewellery in as the marking was off. The jewellery was too small to exit from one end to another. The next time I will ensure the same mistake does not happen again.Thankfully, no infection set in and the wound healed in two day or so.

Picture below shows the extreme swelling due to the forcing in of the jewellery from one end to other. Swelling side being the side the jewellery was being attempted to exit. 



Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my post and experience of my piercing. Next post would be on the facts of Lorum piercing and it will be followed by my piercing.

Please post your heartfelt comments. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment